Here's How Online Coaching: Help Students Ace Standardised Tests
- Feb 2, 2022
Technology has been reigning supreme in the past few decades. It has seeped into each and every aspect of our lives, including education. This is evident from the scores of online classrooms, resources and courses that are available today. As students slowly make their way through school, they eventually face the question of the next academic journey, a.k.a university.
Now, the best universities are bound to thoroughly vet their students before granting them admission. Their most common criteria for eligibility is none other than standardised tests. These tests come in a variety of different shapes and sizes, but they tend to have similar evaluation patterns. Coaching centers have been cashing in on this for the longest time.
In fact, sending children to fancy coaching institutes for SAT prep has become a rite of passage for parents today. But as the education industry evolves, we are seeing a distinct shift in how and where standardised coaching is taking place. Online coaching is the new buzz word, and seeing the results, parents are beginning to realize how effective it is.
In order to understand how online coaching can help your children ace any and every standardised test, we need to first understand what they all have in common.
Cut From the Same Cloth
If we had to create a list of common standardised tests, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT and GRE would undoubtedly make it to the top. They’re widely considered to be tough, but rewarding tests that require a lot of preparation.
A few key points that such tests have in common include -
- Tight Deadline: Most standardised tests need to be completed in a couple of hours. So, test-takers need to have a real knack for time management.
- Objective Questions: Without the right prep, children often end up struggling with objective questions. If they don’t know the answer, their last resort is to ‘eeny, meeny, miney, moe’ and hope for the best. There are better approaches to dealing with such scenarios, which is why proper coaching is essential.
- Pattern: Standardised tests usually follow a pattern in evaluation. A certain weightage of marks is allotted to each section in the exam. So, it’s important for students to learn how to prioritise learning based on this.
Shift to Online Coaching
Online coaching can really help your children prepare for and pass their standardised tests with flying colours. If you’re wondering how, we’ve listed the answer down for you:
- Customised Learning: In a traditional coaching classroom, teachers don’t really account for each individual’s pace of learning. This can create some serious gaps in how your child learns the material. On the other hand, with online coaching classes, children can learn at their own pace. They are able to rewind or forward video lectures, revisit them, revise and take notes accordingly. This is very important in standardised test prep because teachers often solve problems in class with detailed steps. Students might find it hard to recall these steps, so having online recordings can come in handy.
- Flexible Study Schedule: Every child has their own slice of productivity time in a day. Some children prefer to wake up early in the morning to study, while others like to burn the midnight oil. Online classes help cater to both types. Additionally, with a flexible schedule, your children will be able to focus on their schoolwork without compromising their test prep.
- Comfort & Convenience: Commuting from home to classes everyday is a huge waste of precious time. In many cases, children will have to travel to different cities for quality coaching. This can be a huge inconvenience. With online coaching, they can learn effectively, right from the comfort of home.
Helping your children prepare for the next leg of their learning journey can be a daunting task. As a parent, you need to make sure that they have access to the right resources and study tools. By choosing online coaching over traditional coaching, you can rest assured that your child is getting all this, and more. So, what are you waiting for?
Everything You Need To Know About STEAM Education As A Parent
- James Coop...
- Mar 1, 2022